I promise that I have not fallen off my blog resolution. But my computer has been giving me fits which makes things frustrating. And I have been having a lot of fun sewing lately. When you put those two things together, I generally have chosen the sewing option. Here is my latest project.
After showing the girls the bag that I made for myself, they loved it and wanted one for themselves. I wanted to make it a little bit bigger so that they could carry books, a notebook, or toys around. The idea if for them to carry their own stuff to church or wherever we are going. My load is generally heavy enough without carrying kid stuff around too.
Amelia immediately loaded her bag up with so many books that I wasn't sure if the bag would be able to handle all of it. Luckily, I convinced her to leave some of it behind. It worked out great for church. She kept track of her own things and I didn't have to worry about any of it.
Ashley on the other hand, wanted her bag to be a Rexy carrier: her favorite stuffed animal pillow pet. She takes Rexy everywhere so why not have a little bag for him. I am definitely having fun brushing up on my sewing skills and creating things that my kids love. I'm also getting a little bit more confident when I need to tweak things a little.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wait...Forget the skirts and towels. These bags are cute and so great for church...snacks AND COLORING STUFF!!! Sorry about the caps. My finger slipped!
Post a Comment