Week #5 for learning to sew was all about ruffles. I've had a little bit of practice with this skill when I've sewn three-tiered skirts for the girls and I, but I still wanted to make the projects for this week. I just can't resist a cute project.
First I made this...
Pretty much, you cut out a basic apron shape and then sew three ruffles on it. I made a few mistakes that I could fix, but I would have to take the whole thing apart to do it. If I ever made this again, I would put the ruffles down a little lower. Since I am a little tall, the bottom of the top ruffle hangs over the counter. Also, I think there are too many ruffles. It makes the apron really heavy. And, there are no pockets. Sometimes pockets come in handy when you are cooking.
The second ruffle project was so slick and easy. I love how it turned out.
The instructions say to hem your fabric, but I found a little way around this and it made the project faster and easier. I bought twice as much fabric as the pattern called for. Then I just sewed right-sides together then flipped them right-side-out. It didn't cost that much more in materials, but it saved a ton of time.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment