Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kitchen Rearranging

When we moved into our house, 6 1/2 year ago, I was 8 months pregnant with Ashley.  Needless to say, I was not in the mood to put much thought into where things were being put.  My fabulous sister devoted a Saturday all those years ago to helping me put my kitchen together.  It exhausted both of us.  We pretty much put food in the pantry and appliances in the kitchen.  The pantry actually faces the dining area so any time I needed ingredients for cooking/baking, I had to go around the peninsula to get what I needed.  Many times after baking, those ingredients would sit out because they were used just often enough for me to justify leaving them where they were.  Of course, this often led to countertops that were too cluttered for me to do the baking that I wanted to do.  So, I decided to change some things around.  It happened to be garbage day and I needed to take a trip to the DI, so off I went through the kitchen to find things to move around.


This lazy susan once held 3 steamers, a crock pot, electric fry pan and a waffle iron among other things that aren't even in the picture.  I got rid of a sandwich maker that hasn't been used in years, moved two of the steamers to the pantry, and moved some of the appliances from the upper corner cabinet down to this one.  Totally forgot about the after shot.


The lowest shelf in the pantry held primarily baking items.  I moved them to the kitchen to hopefully make them easier to get to.


Here is the after of that shelf.  Two of the steamers plus the electric fry pan.


And the new upper corner shelf.  I have moved most of my main baking supplies over here, i.e. flour, sugar, oats, shortening and a few other frequently used supplies.  My most used appliances still sit on that middle shelf for easy access.  So far, I'm really digging the new set up.

No comments: