Week #6 in learning to sew was how to sew a zipper. This is something that I have never attempted before so I was on uncharted territory. Patterns always seemed to make sewing zippers so difficult. But this little tutorial made it look so easy. I told my mom about the method that was being demonstrated and she said that she was never able to get it to work when doing it that way. Great. If she had always had trouble with it, this could be a major fail for me. I went ahead anyway and started on a skirt for myself.
The basics of this skirt is to take a skirt that already fits you and just use it as a pattern (cut around your existing skirt adding additional fabric for seam allowances and hems). I wanted my skirt to be longer than anything that I had so I just lengthened it. Being tall, it is really hard to find things in the length that I want. Now, I am really looking forward to making more skirts. And yes, the zipper was a cinch! I was shocked at how easy it was. I absolutely love how the skirt turned out. I wore it Saturday to hear Sheri Dew speak and then again on Sunday to church. One of the sweet boys in my class said that my skirt was very loud. I thought that was pretty funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment