Monday, January 21, 2008

New Couches?

before

About a year ago, my Aunt Linda gave me her old couch because she was getting new ones. Then a couple of months ago, we picked up the matching love seat from her to go with it. We were finally able to put our green recliner couch downstairs with the TV which makes movie night a lot more comfortable. A couple of weeks ago I finally ordered some slipcovers for the couches to give them a little bit of a face lift. You see, the only furniture that Guy and I have purchased since we have been married is the crib and changing table. I had bought us a mattress before we were married and just about everything else was inherited from my dad's house. So, even talking Guy into slipcovers took a lot work. Maybe one day we will get new furniture for our living room, a bigger kitchen table, and a bedroom set with matching pieces, but this will do for now. My next thing to find are pillows and other accessories to go with our "new" couches and maybe even a rug to tie it all together.

after

No comments: