Monday, January 7, 2008

Crazy Winter Weather

This past weekend, we have experienced some really crazy snow storms. When I went to bed on Friday night, the wind was blowing so hard that I was afraid our gigantic pine trees were going to be uprooted, or we were going to loose half of the shingles off our roof. Luckily, when I woke up on Saturday morning, all three pine trees had not budged and I didn't see any misplaced shingles. I was also surprised that the winter storm that had been forcasted to hit must have missed us because it was just raining. "Great", I thought because we had a party to get to at 11:30 in Riverton with my college roommates, the boys upstairs, and a few other friends from USU. But at 9:00, the snow started coming hard and fast and it didn't let up until about 1:00. Well, I called Britta to tell her that I wasn't going to risk coming up in this weather so we decided to postpone the party for 2 weeks. Britta was nice enough to call everyone to let them know but she didn't get in touch with a few people so they had a little mini party at Carl's Jr. On the news that night, they reported that Springville got 7 inches of snow, but I think it only looked like 3 inches when I was out shoveling.

On Sunday, we had to start our day pretty early because we had 9:00 church and I needed to be early to set up chairs in the Primary room. It is extremely hard to get some members of my family out of bed in the morning so I knew this was going to be a challenge. We got to church a lot later than I wanted to, but luckily the Primary President had gotten to there early and she had started getting all the chairs up. It was a really crazy morning in Primary trying to get all the kids where they needed to be and dealing with my own new Sunbeam who wanted to go to Sunbeams (in the classroom) but she didn't want to sit in Opening Exercises. So, she was screaming and crying and I just couldn't deal with her and making sure that 75 other kids got to where they needed to go. So I finally decided that my family comes first and so I sat down with her on the Sunbeam row until she calmed down. Needless to say, it was a little bit crazy. When everything was over and done, we gathered our coats and family and then looked outside. It was a blizzard outside. We didn't have time to dawdle because Guy had to hurry home and get something to eat and then head back over to the church to do his financial clerk responsibilities. The snow was coming sideways so we ran to the car and got the girls in as fast as we could and then started heading home. Our church is across Highway 89 so we had to cross a potentially dangerous road and we could only see about 50 feet away and the roads were snow packed and slick. It probably only snowed about an inch but it sure did make for a scary drive home. I will sure be happy when spring comes!

1 comment:

Britta said...

Let's hope for better weather in 2 weeks. It would be sad to miss out on our party again!