Saturday, January 26, 2008
LASIK
I finally got my new eyes and life is great! My appointment was at 2:00 Thursday afternoon but it probably wasn't until about 4:30 that I actually went under the laser. We dropped the girls off at my mom's house that afternoon and then Guy dropped me off at Hoopes Vision. After doing a couple of tests, I took a Valium so I could be really relaxed and then I just waited my turn. First, I had IntraLASE to create the corneal flap and then I had to sit with my eyes closed for about 30 minutes while the bubbles dissipated. Then it was my turn to go under the laser. It was a really strange experience but not painful at all because they were putting numbing drops in my eyes about every 5 minutes for the past hour. Guy arrived to pick me up when they were working on my left eye, so he got to see it done in person. After I walked out of the laser room, they examined my eyes again to make sure that there weren't any bumps or wrinkles in my flap and then Guy and I were on our way home. I could barely open my eyes but Guy was really good to help me with all the many drops that I had to be putting in my eyes. After a quick bite to eat (that I really couldn't see), Guy put me to bed and I slept for about 2 hours. When I woke up, I could see fairly well and so I decided to watch the news and the DVD of my surgery before going back to sleep. Waking up on Friday morning was the best!! I just rolled over and I could see my alarm clock. In the shower, I was ecstatic to be able to read the shampoo bottles but not so excited to see just how bad my shower needs to be cleaned. Recovery is going great. I could see well enough to drive on Friday afternoon, less than 24 hours after my surgery. I think that Ashley is still getting used to seeing my without my glasses. It is like she looks at my face and she knows that there was something there before but she doesn't know how to tell me. My biggest thing right now is being careful for the next two months not to let my eyes get bumped which can be hard with two little kids. Overall, I am so happy with my new eyes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats! I'm so excited for you!
I'm very jealous, yet happy for you!
Post a Comment