During my second year of school at Utah State, I was living below an apartment of boys that my apartment of girls hung out with a lot. One night, one of the boys wanted a haircut and I volunteered to cut his hair even though I had absolutely no experience in this area. Needless to say, it took me quite a while to cut his hair and I needed a lot of help! Over the next two years at school, I got a lot of experience cutting hair for the boys upstairs and a few other guys in my ward. At one time, I even thought of going to beauty school after I finished my bachelor's degree. After Guy and I got married, I cut his hair a few times but I always had to borrow clippers from someone so it didn't last very long. Then, a couple of months ago, Guy brought it up again how I used to cut hair for all these boys and maybe we could save $12 every 6 weeks or so (that's almost $100 a year) by me cutting his hair. I think that he thought it was a big hassle to go somewhere to get a haircut and there isn't a (cheap) beauty college nearby like when we lived in Logan. Last night I gave him his third haircut since we bought our own clippers. The best thing about it is that Guy and I get to spend a little bit of time together and I know that some other woman isn't running her fingers through my hubby's hair.

Here is Guy's new haircut!
1 comment:
I remember that first haircut in the tiny kitchen space between the counter and the stove. Oh, the memories!
Post a Comment