Back at the end of August, my dear friend Lara won tickets to a Utes football game and invited me to go. Of all my years living in Salt Lake and even working at the U, I had never been to a game. Since we had to leave home so early to get to the game, I had to get a babysitter to fill in for me for half the day. She had to get the kids off the bus, help with homework, and do dinner because Guy had to go to back to school night.
The game started just about dinner time, so Lara and I stopped at B&D Burgers. YUM! Being a little unfamiliar with how close we actually were to the stadium, we drove away from there are tried to find a closer parking spot. Totally wrong move. We ended up driving all around the stadium and nearly all the way to the hospital before we made it back down the hill and parked about a block away from where we had dinner. It was hilarious! We ended up missing the first half of the game. Oops.
Halftime!
Sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter or so, it started to rain a little. Not too bad so we just stuck it out and it really didn't last too long. Besides, I was having a rare evening away from responsibility and I wanted it to last as long as possible.
Final score---Utes win 41-0. We got home just after 10:00 and it was the best "girls night out" that I have had in a long time!

1 comment:
Ahh...It was awesome! We need to do these more often, and enrichment doesn't count!
Post a Comment