Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow day

I was so happy last night before going to bed to see an e-mail from the girls' school saying that they would be cancelling school in the morning because of all the snow.  It was so great to sleep in a little and let the kids sleep in too.  I was worried that the kids would be bickering by 9:00 but luckily they got along for just about the whole day with only a squabble or two.  Definitely an answer to prayers.

By 11:00, I told the kids to get their snow clothes on so we could go out and shovel.  Ashley decided to stay in, but everyone else came out.  The snow was still falling a little and the wind was blowing which made it cold.  So, after a little of this...



I told Amelia to head inside while I finished shoveling.  She was a great big sister and got the boys in and all taken care of and when I came in, I found them all reading books together.  Fabulous.

No comments: