Thursday, January 3, 2013

Irony

Thanks to my fabulous husband, I now have a car that starts right up in the frigid temperatures.  I went out to start it a little early this morning in the hopes that it would be nice and warm for Elliot to go to preschool, and it fired right up.  No hesitation at all.  So nice after more than a month of praying that it would start when I needed it to.

As I was pulling in the mail today, it just so happened that we got two $25 gift cards to an auto parts store.  When Guy had to replace the batteries in his truck not too long ago, he was able to send away for a rebate (in the form of gift cards).  I totally laughed out loud when I opened up the envelope and had to call Guy to share the laugh with him.  Guess we should have sent for that rebate a little sooner.

My sweet Durango was also due to have the tires rotated.  The wonderful folk at Big O informed me that my rear brakes are going bad, my front alignment is off causing uneven wear on the tires, and my lower ball joints need to be replaced.  I've know about all of these problems for a while but it is hard to hear about them all at once and right after spending $xxx for a new battery.  And after working in the freezing cold, Guy is not really looking forward to doing more work in the cold.  So, we'll do the brakes and hold off on the rest.

No comments: