On February 1st, we made our little Elliot official and gave him a name and a blessing. The week leading up to this event, I searched for something for Elliot to wear. After going to Dressed in White, I decided that even though everything they had there was beautiful, I didn't feel like spending that much money on something to be worn once. My mom was hoping to find the outfit that my dad was blessed in so Elliot could wear that, but she couldn't find it so I had to continue my search for something. I went to The Children's Place and found a nice pair of white pants and some white shirts. Of course, there is really no reason to wear all white for a blessing so I also bought a light blue polo shirt and a few other outfits that were unrelated to the outfit for his blessing. In the end, he wore the white pants and the blue shirt and looked very handsome. Our church doesn't start until 1:00 which gave me plenty of time to get three kids ready and tidy up the house for after church. Guy gave Elliot a wonderful blessing and Elliot almost made it all the way through sacrament meeting. With about 10 minutes left, he started fussing so Guy took him out to the foyer on the condition that I would keep an ear out in case he needed me. Apparently, Elliot cried the whole time that Guy had him out there but I never heard him and so Guy gave me the "evil eye" when the meeting was over because I never came out. Oops.
Since his blessing was on the same day as the Super Bowl, we had some family that didn't make it down or left our house early so that they could get to the game. But the house was so full that we really didn't notice. Elliot missed his naps for the afternoon and so he was a little bit cranky that night, but not too bad. The best part was that my Grandpa came down. He is Elliot's only living great grandparent so it was great to get a picture with them together.



1 comment:
He is adorable! Love the smile in the previous entry. Look how good you already look!!!
Post a Comment