Friday, February 27, 2009

All bundled up


For the past two days, I have taken the kids to the park. I wish that we would have taken advantage of the day that it was 60 degrees outside because 50 degrees with the wind blowing is very chilly. Today, I bundled Elliot in his cute bunting suit and we were off. I tried to talk Amelia out of going, but she just wouldn't hear of it. We didn't stay at the park for very long today because Elliot didn't like the wind and Ashley just stood there and wouldn't go down the slides because a mean boy yelled at her saying that the playground was their territory. I told him to knock it off and he told me that he didn't know what that meant. I highly doubt that his parents have never told him to "knock it off!" Ashley cried for just about the whole walk home and then I told her that we would make hot cocoa when we got home and that made her happy. After today's trip to the park, I am seriously thinking about getting a play set in our own backyard so that my kids won't have to deal with bullies at the park who pick on 2-year-old girls. I love the set at Sam's Club but I really don't want to spend that much and it may be too big for our yard. And, I really don't want to just go to Wally World and get a cheap set that is going to rust after one season. I am so torn on this one.

1 comment:

Joseph and Kamber said...

Try Pitcher sports in Sandy. They're a little pricey, but very nice. We love ours. www.pitcherssportsonline.com
You could do a cheap Walmart one. (Actually ours was from Toys R Us $180) Ours worked for about 4 years and was really great while the kids were smaller. Now I have rough and tough boys so I had to get a swing set that could survive them.