Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Time Out

 Elliot quite often will earn time outs during the day.  Usually it is for arguing, saying "hate" or other bad words, being mean to his brother or yelling excessively.  Time outs have been a little bit more frequent this summer since he has to get along with his two sisters plus one brother all day long.  And that is a long time when you are three.  One Sunday, he was being particularly awful so I sent him to the steps.  He sat there for a minute whining and complaining about it and then everything went quiet.  When I went to check on him, I found this...

(Yes.  That is a Strawberry Shortcake scooter by him.  He loves that toy.)

I left him on the steps for about a half hour and then he started to wake up.  I thought that he would be ready to eat some dinner so I sat him at his place at the table.  Instead, he just cried and whined.  So, Guy put him in his bed.  He then fell right back asleep.  When bedtime came about an hour later, we took him potty and put on some jammies, and then it was right back to bed.  I was really worried that he would wake up in the middle of the night hungry, but he didn't.  He pretty much slept from about 6:00 Sunday night to 7:30 the next morning.  The best part was that he was much happier when he woke up the next morning.

No comments: