Thursday, August 2, 2012

Peanut Fudge Shape Cake

In honor of my dad's birthday, I love to make this cake since it was his favorite.


Peanut Fudge Shape Cake
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup butter or margarine
3 eggs
3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 ½ cups iced water
2 cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp vanilla
¾ tsp salt

Grease pan with shortening and dust with flour or cocoa. Mix on medium speed: sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat chocolate, flour, baking soda, vanilla, salt and water until well mixed. Scrape bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scrapping bowl occasionally. Bake at 325° for Teflon or 300° for natural cast aluminum for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove while warm and drizzle with peanut butter glaze.

Peanut Butter Glaze

½ cup powdered sugar
4 tsp hot water
1 Tbsp peanut butter

mix until well blended

I usually at least double the glaze.  I love all the extra sugar I can get!  Happy Birthday Daddy Bill!

No comments: