We spent the weekend at the Cabin for Mother's day. Such a great time. The kids loved playing outside and the weather was perfect.
Micah does not like the feel of the grass. So all I had to do to keep him in one spot was set out a blanket, and he stayed there perfectly content. This little trick came in handy so many times before he learned to walk.
Elliot still loves the baby swing even though he doesn't really need it. Ashley was doing a great job learning how to pump her legs and keep herself going on the swing.
Saturday afternoon, we met Guy's parents at the Sno Dragon in Ephraim for lunch and an extra chance to visit. Guy feels like whenever we are in Sterling with a lot of his siblings for a big gathering, he never gets a chance to visit. My solution was to take them out to lunch so there wouldn't be any distractions. I think that it worked out pretty good. Turns out though that we were the only ones at his parent's house on Sunday besides his sister Dawn so it wasn't really necessary.
Sunday morning, we had a wonderful breakfast, then we packed up and headed down to Sterling. My favorite memory about this day was that Guy didn't pester and nag me to get going and get down to Sterling. I told him it was the best Mother's Day ever. Also because I bought my own gifts so I wouldn't be disappointed. See, best day ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment