Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ballet

For a few weeks this summer, Amelia and Ashley took a little ballet class through community ed.  I've wanted to sign them up for dance classes for quite a while, but I didn't want to make a big commitment just in case they didn't like it.  Especially Ashley.  She doesn't do well in new situations or opening up to new teachers so I was especially worried about her.  For the first couple of classes, I stuck around and watched to make sure that Ashley would be fine.  But, the boys were pretty distracting so I decided that it would be best just to drop off the girls and let the teacher handle any problems with Ashley.  Well, things worked out great.  Ashley didn't participate in every dance move of warm-up, but she told me that she had so much fun that she wants to keep taking dance.

On the final day of the class, parents and family were invited to come and see what all the girls had learned.  They showed us all their warm-up routines, ballet positions, and a little dance.

I brought along my own personal photographer for the event.  Elliot did a fairly good job.





 After each class, the girls got a sticker to indicated the ballet skill that they had learned.  They finally got their last sticker on the last day of class.

Ashley and Amelia with their teacher, Miss Nicole.

No comments: