Wednesday, July 15, 2009
End of an era
I recently got a letter from my credit union. Apparently, an account that I have had since I was a kid is inactive. Not too surprising though since I haven't lived near a branch in almost seven years. The last activity for the account was 5 years ago. So, for the last 5 years, I have let $150 just sit there and earn a measly amount of interest. Now, if I don't take it out and close my account, the CU will take $5 a month until there is no more to take and then they will close the account. I think I'll go with the first idea and get my money. Hmm...what to do with it. I'm thinking of splitting it three ways and starting saving accounts for my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like a fun good idea!
Post a Comment