Monday, August 10, 2009

Bathroom progress?

Some of you may be wondering what kind of progress has been happening on our bathroom relocation in the basement. Well, things are going slow. Demolition began back in January 2008 and I thought that we were done with that. But then we noticed that the area of sheet rock that covered the duct work was sloping and we wouldn't be able to tie into it without ripping it all out and doing it right. So, this is setting us back.

A while back, Guy's friend Courtney came over and helped him pour concrete to fill the holes where we put in new plumbing. We also bought a toilet, vanity, counter top, sink and mirror that are ready to be installed. The original deadline for this project was when Elliot was born. Then I moved it to June 1 and I told Guy that I would be hiring a contractor. Obviously, I haven't done that yet. We have a good friend that is willing to help Guy with the sheet rock when he is ready which should be soon. (We'll see about that.) After that, it should be easy to do some painting and tile work and a few finishing touches. Maybe it will be done by Christmas this year...when Elliot is a year old.

No comments: