Ashley celebrated her 3rd birthday on June 23rd and we all had a ball. Before we could go to the puppet show at the library, Guy and I had to make a quick stop at the high school to vote on a bond for the school district. (The results were finally official on July 1st with the bond passing with a 1.99% advantage and the leeway passing by a mere 0.84%. Next time you are thinking that your vote doesn't matter, it does. Only about 10% of registered voters actually participated in the election.) The puppet show was a ton of fun and taught the kids about saying "please" and "thank-you" so that the things that they are given don't disappear. When the show was over, we went home and had cake and ice cream and then opened presents. Ashley picked out a hippo cake (I love Albertson's bakery) and Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream. Super yummy! Then she got a new Memory game, magnetic dress-up dolls, Rocket (from Little Einsteins) and a new outfit. The girls even got to stay up a little later because we got home a little later from the puppet show. Sharing the new toys has been really hard. Amelia will ask very politely if she can play with one of Ashley's new toys and Ashley will say "no" so Amelia will start crying. Life is rough when you're little.

On Sunday, the 28th, we had Grandma and Grandpa Van Horn, Grandma Corinne and Grandpa Steve and Auntie Tamara come over for dinner. I made a chicken and rice soup and then a fresh strawberry vinaigrette dressing to go with a yummy strawberry salad. My mom made yummy bread sticks and a delicious cake and Tam brought drinks and the best ice ever from Sonic. I think that Tamara wanted to bring drinks just so she could hear Ashley say, "More lemonade" all through dinner. From Grandma Corinne and Grandpa Steve, Ashley got a new outfit, African animals, and a princess sleeping bag. Auntie Tamara gave her a farm set with so many animals that I can't keep track of them all. She has so much fun playing with all of them. Grandma and Grandpa Van Horn gave her a Tinker-bell outfit and a shirt that says "I'm the cute sister".
What a fun birthday for my little 3-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment