
My mom called me up on the 3rd and asked if we would be interested in joining them for the parade in Centerville on the 4th because my cousin Jared was going to be in it. Instead of spending the night at my mom's house, we decided just to get the kids up early on Saturday and drive up. Elliot woke up twice during the night (something that he never does) so when my alarm went off at 6:00, I really didn't want to get up. So of course, we were running a little bit late that morning. Luckily, mom, Steve and Tamara were running on time and they got an awesome spot for us. In years past for the 4th, we have run a 5k in Magna in the morning and then saw the parade in the afternoon. The parade in Centerville started at 9:00 so it was never terribly hot so that was great. The girls enjoyed running out in the street for candy and we all stood and cheered when Jared came by on his unicycle. We were even lucky enough for him to come back and juggle fire for us. Too cool.

After getting back to my mom's house to get ready for a BBQ, Tamara decided that it was time for me to learn how to drive the convertible. The last time that I tried to drive it was about 10 years ago. Right after my dad got the Cobra, it was time for the annual Ute Stampede car show in Nephi. He was so excited to take both cars down for the car show. But he was especially excited to be able to drive the Cobra and listen to music and not have the windy drive in the convertible. I was given that task. The only problem was that I had never driven that car. My dad thought that because I could drive a clutch, I would be able to handle a 1964 Mustang. Wrong! I didn't even make it to the end of the street. Apparently I was trying to start in 3rd gear. But 1st and 3rd were so close that I couldn't even tell the difference. When my dad and I switched cars before leaving site of our house, he was not too happy. Fast forward ten years and Tamara was very insistant on me driving the Mustang from her house over to my mom's. After a couple of rounds in the church parking lot, I was ready for the open road. I made it all the way there without killing it and it was a blast! I miss going for rides in that car. Guy even got the privilege of going for a spin and then he took me for a ride. Totally fun. I took all the girls for a little ride. It was ok at first. But then Amelia said that the car needed a roof and that she didn't like it windy. Ashley slept through the whole ride. We thought that she was just snuggling with Tam until we got home and realized that she was asleep.


We had a great BBQ (Sanpete turkey and corn on the cob were the highlights) and got out the kiddie pool for the kids. Amelia would live in the pool if she could. Ashley even enjoyed being in the pool this year. I decided to get Elliots trunks on him and let him take a dip too. He was not a big fan of the cold water so he got to sit on the side line and just dip his toes in.


Sunday morning, I dressed the kids in red, white and blue for church and snapped a few pictures. I love being able to dress them up all matchy.



No comments:
Post a Comment