Thursday, March 27, 2008
Ashley's talking
I was so excited to tell Guy last week that Ashley is starting to talk more and more. When we are reading stories, she will point to an object and say it's name repeatedly until you acknowledge what she has found on the page. Later that night as we were reading a bedtime story, Guy was a little disappointed to hear Ashley say, "A blah-blah, a blah-blah" "A glob-glah, a glob-glah". Even though I was convinced that I had heard her say "elephant" earlier that day, she didn't repeat this for daddy. There are some words that she says that you can figure out like "a haa-haa" is a hat, "a cla-clak" is a clock, and a "woof-woof" is a dog. For some unknown reason, she repeats everything twice. She also thinks that both cows and horses say "moo" which she belts out at the top of her lungs whenever she sees one in a book. It is so cute! But I still have to remind her that a horse says "neigh". One day she will get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE early language development. It's so amazing to hear them learn new words, especially when they seem to come in torrents.
Post a Comment