Monday, March 10, 2008
Challenge
My sister issued a challenge to me yesterday. You see, for the past couple of years, we have walked in a 5K Fun Run in Magna on the 4th of July that has been named after our Grandpa who loves running. The only year that I missed was when Ashley was 10 days old and I figured that I should take it easy. Recently, my sister has started going to the gym a couple of times a week and working out on the treadmill. I'm sure that she could totally kick my butt right now if we were to have a little race. Eventhough I have to keep up with two kids everyday, I'm certainly not in the shape that I want to be. So, I have decided to start running a couple of times a week to get ready for this fun run. I'm thinking that the easiest way to do this will be to get a double jogging stroller for the girls and just run around my neighborhood. There are a ton of great hills so it will definitely be challenging. If anyone has any suggestions on strollers or other gear, please let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have a baby jogger Q series and love it!! Brayden and Katelyn like it too. They sit so well in it and it does a good job of evening out the weight difference between the two. We love our morning runs, well, before winter came! But now we can get back out there because our snow is melting!!
I loved the double jogger I got at Babies R Us. It doesn't have a swivel wheel, so you have to push down on it to turn it, so that is kind of hard, but I picked it because it had a cup holder and container on the top by the handlebars, a very important feature for me. If you want a swivel wheel, you just need to be aware that it may shake when you get going fast. I've taken my stroller with me on 2 5K runs and I love it. They are my little racing buddies. I figure if they run with me they can race with me too. ;o)
Post a Comment