Thursday, July 28, 2011

At the Zoo

Back in April (it seems like a lifetime ago), my mom and I took the kids to the zoo. The weather was so great. A little chilly when a breeze came through, but perfect in the sunshine. The zoo was crazy crowded with a ton of kids on field trips, but still so much fun.

Our favorite thing to see was the baby elephant, of course. So cute to watch her play.


Row, row, row your boat!


We are running out of places to sit on the rhino. I'm actually surprised that no one is screaming in this picture.


Waiting for the train. The line was so long and the kids were all so patient. Elliot ran ahead a few times to get a look at the train, but always came back.


He was so excited to ride the train. He sat perfectly still until it was our time to go. That train ride goes too fast. Next time I told the girls we would ride the carousel.


Micah was just 3 1/2 months old when we went to the zoo. He was such a good baby and pretty much slept the whole time. Too bad that he was right in the middle of a nap when it was time to ride the train. On a happy side note, I discovered that I was able to fit the double stroller in the back of the Durango simply by removing the two front wheels. So, both boys got to ride at the zoo and it made it so much easier to keep track of everyone.

After our train ride, the kids loved playing at the playground. It was a little challenging for us to keep an eye on all three kids when it seemed like they were all over the place, but luckily, no one got lost. Elliot absolutely loved the slide!


He looks so innocent. Don't let him fool you.


Making it all the way back to the South parking lot, was quite an adventure. We stayed so long that all the crowds had gone and we pretty much let the three kids just run around. Ashley also took a turn riding in the stroller. I don't think that Elliot minded much and he got to burn off a lot of energy.


No comments: