Friday, July 29, 2011

Easter Fun!

It has become a tradition in our family to have an Easter Egg hunt the Saturday before Easter that my mom hosts. Somehow, it has gotten bigger and bigger each year. It started out down at the Cabin and it has gradually made it's way North. I think my mom has the perfect backyard for it. In preparation for the big day, I hard boiled 5 dozen eggs. We ran out last year and I didn't want that to happen again. In the end, we had about 5 dozen leftover eggs. There was also a little incident where some kids were given raw eggs by accident to dye. It was discovered when one boy cracked open an egg to eat. Oops. It was so fun to watch my cousin Janette spin all the eggs on the table to figure out if they were raw or hard boiled. The kids all had a blast dying eggs. I was very grateful for all the parents there to help out since I had all the kids (Guy was off somewhere else for the day) and seemed to be pulled in 4 different directions all day long.

When the hunt started, the younger kids got a head start. Luckily, Micah was taking a nap, so I was able to help Ashley and Elliot find some eggs. Amelia did great on her own.



Sunday morning has become quite the adventure in our house. Guy is out for meetings and usually gets home just in time to get shoes on all the kids and then for all of us to run out the door. Church at 9:00 a.m. is NOT my favorite thing when I have to get 4 kids ready all by myself. Needless to say, the kids didn't get a chance to find their baskets until after church. I am seriously thinking about having the Easter Bunny visit a day early to remove a little bit of stress Easter morning. Amelia was less than thrilled about the lack of abundance in her basket. Oh well. There's always next year. I wish I would have gotten a picture of all the kids in their new Easter outfits, but it just didn't happen. Elliot got a new tie, that he absolutely loves, and the girls got beautiful new dresses. Poor Micah just got a hand-me-down from Elliot.


Sunday night, we had my family over for dinner. (If my memory serves me correctly, only my mom and Tamara came. But we still had a blast.) That has become my little tradition. Guy loves it when we have people over because I clean the house and we don't have to travel. It's a win-win situation.

I apparently neglected to get any pictures of Micah over Easter. Luckily, the kids were playing with my camera and snapped this ever so cute picture. Micah is our smiliest baby. It is so fun to see all the attention that boy can get just by flashing his sweet grin.

No comments: