Thursday, February 3, 2011

Insulation

Guy has been hard at work lately working on the bathroom. It has been a long time since much has been done in the bathroom so this is a great accomplishment. For a while (a really long while), Guy was stumped because of the heating duct that we wanted to put it. He thought that we would have to hire someone to do it, but then he found a way to do it himself. Hooray!


The next thing to do was insulation. I know what you are going to say...Why insulate such a small space when the rest of the basement doesn't even have insulation? Well, here is my thinking on the matter. It's not often that you have a room torn down to the studs so you may as well go the extra mile when you do. And, this new bathroom is right off the family room so a little bit of sound deadening will be well worth it. I am already loving the insulation. When the toilets are flushed upstairs, you would never know it if you are sitting downstairs. Also, the furnace room (right next door) has been silenced. Such a wonderful noise.


Whenever I helped Guy with the insulation, I couldn't help but start singing "Overkill" by Men at Work. It became my little theme song.

See that sheet of green? Yup, sheet rock is next. There is hope for this bathroom yet.

1 comment:

Joseph and Kamber said...

When are you going to post pics of the new baby? Thanks for the announcement.