Monday, February 7, 2011

Another lost tooth

Amelia lost her third tooth on New Year's Eve. The tooth had been hanging by a thread for what seemed like the longest time. I was so glad when it finally came out. I had her put it in a little plastic bag so that it wouldn't get lost before it was time to put it under her pillow for the night. But when it came time to go to bed, the tooth was nowhere to be found. I had other things on my mind (like having a baby the next day), so we kind of forgot about it. The next morning, Amelia excitedly looked under her pillow to see what the tooth fairy left for her. But like I said, the lost tooth was MIA so the tooth fairy didn't "pay" a visit to our house. My mom had spent the night with the kids so that I could go to the hospital the next morning and the first thing that she told me when I talked to her that day was how disappointed Amelia was that there wasn't anything under her pillow in the morning. I figured that this would teach her a little bit about cause and effect so I didn't worry to much about it.

As time went on, Amelia still could not find her tooth. We looked all over for it and I figured that it must have gotten thrown away accidentally. I even considered having her write a note to the tooth fairy and explain the situation so that she could still get paid.

Then there was a day (many weeks later) that I decided to clean up the basement. I had been pulling all sorts of toys out from under the couch when I found a little plastic baggie...that contained a little tooth. I asked Amelia to come and see what I had found. When I showed her the bag, she didn't realize that it had her tooth in it until I pointed it out to her, then she was so excited! Finally, she was able to put the tooth under her pillow and have the tooth fairy come. The next morning, she was a little disappointed to see a $1 bill under her pillow. Apparently, coins that total $1 is more money than paper money. Who knew?

No comments: