Monday, December 1, 2008

Mmm...Delicious

Thanksgiving has come and gone and what a lot of fun we had! Festivities started on Wednesday when I went up to West Valley with the girls to make about 40 pies with my mom, my sister, Launi, Megan and Lindsay. I only needed 2 pies to take to dinner in Sterling, but getting together to make pies is a lot more fun than doing it all by yourself.

Thursday morning, we took our time getting ready and finally left the house around 11:30. When we pulled out of the garage and hit the button for the door to go down, it only went down half way and then it went right back up. I thought that something might be blocking the sensor but after a few minutes of struggling, Guy decided to disconnect everything and just pull it down manually. (After fiddling with it on Saturday, Guy thinks that the opener is shot and just needs to be replaced.) We got down to Sterling just before 1:00. Around 2:00, everyone was there and so we finally sat down to eat. For records sake, here is the quick list of everyone that was there...Gary, Gloria, Kevin, Emma, Fernando, Kacey, Natalie, Elena, David, Mindy, Michelle, Sharee, Valerie, Brent, Nathaniel, Rachel, Heather, Gideon, Rebecca, Michelle, Craig, Sarah, Jacob, Brenna, Isaac, Guy, Vicki, Amelia, Ashley, Julie and Jaylee. That's 31 people! What a crowd. After a yummy dinner, we brought out the yummy pies. After just about every bite of food, Ashley would say, "Mmm, delicious." I thought it was so cute. I brought a blueberry and a pineapple pie. And I was really happy to take home most of the pineapple pie because I have really started to love it these last few years. I make it for Guy because it is a low sugar pie, but I think I ate more of it than he did this year.

We got home pretty late on Thursday night and the girls actually let us sleep in on Friday morning which was really nice...except that it was 10:00 by the time that we got up and I felt like half the day was already gone. Tamara came down and we made Christmas card together and then she helped me paint the baby's room. The room has a chair rail so we only put a coat of paint on the top half and then I did a coat on the bottom half on Sunday. I'll post some before and after pics once it is all done. I am really happy with the way it is turning out.

On Sunday night, Michelle and Craig and Issac came to stay the night with us. Their other kids decided to stay with their other cousins in Orem since they are all a little bit closer in age. It was really fun to visit with them since they live in Idaho and we don't get to see them very often. They left to go home this morning but it was fun for them to stay and for Amelia and Ashley to get a little bit of exposure to having a baby in the house. Amelia loved getting toys for Isaac and Ashley was a big helper to feed him a bottle.

No comments: