Friday night, we decided to go out to eat at Amelia favorite restaurant, "the Tomato Restaurant" better known as Fazoli's. After I parked the Durango, Guy and I got out to start unloading the girls when he noticed that the rear passenger tire was looking a little low. Then he said that he could hear the air leaking out. Oh great! Looks like I have inherited my mother's ability to run over sharp objects. He backed up just a little bit and right as he did, I saw bubbles escaping from a tiny little nail embedded in the tire. Since we were already at Fazoli's and it was getting late, we decided to go in and hurry and eat and then change the tire. Guy wolfed down his dinner and then got started on the tire while I finished up with the girls, they seemed to have inherited my talent for eating really slow. We got outside by 8:00 to help Guy with the tire. He had the spare out and ready but couldn't get the flat off because one of the lug nuts was a different size than all the others and we only had the standard tire iron that came with the Durango. So while he ran around to two nearby gas stations looking for loaner tools or at least compressed air to fill up the tire and get us home, someone came up to me and asked if we needed help. I explained our situation and he told me that he had some tools in his truck. Yeah! He started working on the tire when Guy got back and explained another problem that we were having...Apparently the lug nuts were torqued so high, that the tire iron was just bending instead of loosening the nuts. To make a long story short, we eventually got the flat off and the spare put on, which would not have been possibe without the kindness of strangers.
My next encounter with kindness came on Sunday. Guy wasn't feeling well and so he went home after dropping Ashley off at nursery. In the past, he will come back and get us when church is over so that is what I expected to happen this time. However, after getting everything done at church that I needed to, which took us at least 15 minutes, Guy still wasn't there. Since I knew how awful he was feeling, I decided not to bother him and just start walking home. Keep in mind that this is no easy walk. We would be crossing four lanes of traffic to get across Hwy 89. We were just getting ready to cross when a nice family from our ward pulled over and offered us a ride home. I was so grateful since I didn't know how I was going to cross quickly and safely carrying my two bags and Ashley and holding onto Amelia. We actually passed Guy on the highway and I tried to get his attention to let him know that we were taken care of but he didn't see me. Apparently, he had set his alarm to come and get us when church was over but he set it for the wrong time. I am so grateful for the kindness of this wonderful family to make room for my family and make sure that we were safe.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment