Friday, July 11, 2008

Goodbye couch and chairs

When we bought this house, we were a little short on furniture and the sellers didn't have room to take some things with them so they left a really ugly love seat and two matching chairs for us. We got some great use out of them for about a year and a half until we got the couch and love seat from my Aunt Linda and moved our green reclining couch downstairs. For at least the last 6 months, we have had a love seat and two chairs stuffed into corners or spare rooms because we no longer had a place for them. We decided that they weren't even good enough for the D.I. so we have just hung onto them trying to figure out what to do with them. I didn't want to be too white trash and just put them out on the curb so my next thought was to just take them to the dump. But luckily, we didn't even have to do that. Guy found someone at work that could get some use out of them and so he drove them to Spanish Fork last night. Amelia kept asking, "What are you doing with my favorite chair?" I had no idea that she felt so strongly about this furniture. I on the other hand, did a little happy dance as Guy drove away last night and I waved goodbye to our free furniture.

Ashley at about 6 months old.

My nephew David.

Ashley and Amelia just hanging out.

When the couch was in transition and shoved in the playroom.

No comments: