Monday, December 30, 2013

Collings Reunion 2013

A great excuse to go camping!  I love going to my family reunion every year.  Besides camping, we also went to the Manti pool.  It is our new favorite pool in Sanpete county since they will let kids in swim diapers into the big pool and there is a great water slide and lazy river.  Of course I was nervous the whole time that my kids were all going to drown, but we survived.  Amelia and Elliot were very brave going into the deep end a little bit but they always had to have an adult with them.  Luckily for me, I had Grandma Corinne, Auntie Tamara and Uncle Brian to help me out.  There is no way I would have been able to do it without them.

Once everyone got to Fairview for the reunion, the really fun stuff started.  We had a water balloon fight that ended really quickly and a great game of capture the flag.  My uncle Chad and his family were in charge and they did a great job coming up with games that everyone enjoyed.  Next year, my mom is in charge and she has already started thinking of games we could play and yummy food to eat.  It is going to be so much fun.  We are even talking about staying an extra day to enjoy the property once everyone else goes home.









Sunday was our traditional potluck breakfast.  One of my favorite things.  My mom and I worked on the breakfast casseroles and then I spent the rest of the morning frying bacon.  There was a lot of food to cook and not enough stoves to do it on.  People brought things like bacon, sausage and eggs, but didn't bring anything to cook it on.  It all got done eventually and then I got to eat a yummy breakfast.

Then it was time to pack up and go home.  I'm never in a hurry for that but Guy always is.  I would rather just sit and enjoy more time in the mountains.  Maybe next year.

No comments: