Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Back to School
Summer is always a wonderful time, but going back to school is equally as fabulous. After meeting their teachers and seeing their new classrooms, the girls were so excited to start a new year of school.
Amelia is in third grade this year and has Miss Seely as her teacher. After having her teacher go on maternity leave last year for nearly half the year, she was really happy to find out that she would be having consistency this year. When her second grade teacher was on maternity leave, the class had two different substitutes and was completely out of control when Mrs. Olsen finally retuned. Miss Seely has a castle and knights theme all around her classroom and seems like a very fun teacher to have.
Ashley is starting second grade and is a little nervous to be moving on from first grade. She got to know her first grade teacher, Mrs. Weight, very well. And Mrs. Weight was very good working with Ashley. Her teacher for this year is Mrs. Curtis who actually taught kindergarten at the school a few years ago, moved away for a year, and is now back to teach second grade. She seems very nice and I am excited for Ashley to have her as a teacher.
Elliot is starting school at the Kinder Garden again this year with Miss Meghan and Miss Nicole. I have absolutely loved their program and am really looking forward to him doing K-prep this year. Ashley was able to pick up on reading with their help and I hope that Elliot will be the same way. He is a little confused at why he is doing another year of preschool but I know that it will be really good for him. Last year I would walk him into the building everyday for school but this year is going to be different. I walked him in on the first day and that was it. Now, one of his teachers comes out to the car and then walks him in. The first few times were rough, but he is getting used to it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment