Yesterday was a very busy day at our house. Guy was busy all day working on the bathroom and I worked out in the flower bed ripping out black plastic that is supposed to prevent weeds but wasn't working for us.
First for the bathroom. Guy has been trying a few different tricks to break through the concrete (most involving a sledge hammer) but nothing has worked too well. So, we are planning on renting a jack hammer to do the tough work but Guy wanted to get some dirty work done by cutting the concrete with a diamond blade to outline where the jack hammer would be doing its work. Another thing that needed to be done to make jack hammering easier was to do more demo on the old bathroom. We got the toilet out of there and took the shower door off the shower but then Guy discovered that the shower insert wouldn't fit through the door to get it out of there. So, he put his handy Saws-All to work and cut the shower into 5 pieces. I think that was about his favorite part of the day. He also tore off some sheet rock and some of the old linoleum.

Demoing the old shower.
The beginnings of a hole in the concrete.
Guy with premature grey (or maybe just a lot of concrete dust).
I spent a couple of hours out in the dirt to try and prepare my flower bed for flowers. Before we moved in, the previous owners did a quick fix in the flower bed and just covered it with black plastic and then 1"-5" of dirt. The biggest problem though is that there is a giant morning glory infestation under the plastic that is constantly breaking through. There were also some tulip bulbs under the plastic that have been able to find their way up. I figured that I would never be able to get a handle on the morning glory until the plastic was gone. Now I'm a third of the way done and I'm hoping for good weather so that I can finish this week and then get some flowers planted.

No comments:
Post a Comment