Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning - Windows

It was a fairly nice but windy day on Saturday so I figured that I better start some spring cleaning and wash all my upstairs windows. The inside of the windows get done every once in a while throughout the year, but the outside of the windows are a completely different story. For the bedroom and bathroom windows, I just washed the outside of the windows by removing the screen and slider and then just reaching out to do the other side. But, for our living room, kitchen and sliding glass door, I mixed up a solution of equal parts hot water and vinegar (thanks Martha) and went out armed with a squeegee. What I actually used was something like what you would use to clean your windshield at the gas station; a great all in one tool with a sponge on one side a a squeegee on the other. It is so great to look through clean windows! We replaced all the upstairs windows soon after we moved in, but the sliding glass door is still the original. It was really filthy but all the others weren't too bad. Another great thing was that I got all the bugs and cobwebs out! Yeah!

No comments: