
Salisbury Steaks
Patties:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 egg
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
Sauce:
1 can French Onion Soup
1 can (2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground basil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Combine patty ingredients in bowl and shape. Place in a 10x6 inch baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes on high. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over patties. Microwave for 8-10 minutes longer. Remove from microwave; let stand for 5 minutes covered.
NOTE: My microwave is not big enough for a 10x6 inch pan to turn around so I have started cooking this on the stove top and I think that I like it better that way. So, here are stove top directions.
Brown patties (both sides) in skillet on med-med/high heat. Cover with sauce, put a lid on the pan, simmer for 20 minutes on low.
Enjoy!

1 comment:
mmm, we'll have to try it!;o)
Post a Comment