Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tree Decorating

Having a Christmas tree this year is something very special to us. We have not had a Christmas tree since Amelia was 3 months old and we were living in Nibley. And that year, I only had the energy to put lights up on the tree and the ornaments just stayed in the box for the year. The following year, we were living in our tiny basement apartment in Payson and there was just no room for a tree and all of our decorations were in storage so we just didn't get a tree that year. Last year was our first year in our new house in Springville and Guy's truck was missing an engine and so we had no way to bring a tree home. I tried to tell Guy that we could just strap it to the roof of our car, but he didn't think that was such a great idea. I ended up buying some garland to go on our railing and then I just hung the ornaments on that.
So, this year, I was really determined to get a tree. The day that I had wanted to go get a tree, Guy had the heater core out of the truck and it was snowing pretty hard outside so we put it off for a few days. When the day came again to go and get a tree, it was raining but I knew that if we didn't hurry and get it, we might just decide that it was too late and not get one...again. It took me three days to put lights on (about 12 strands) and two separate trips to the store to buy more lights. And even after all those lights, we still have a bare spot that I just turned towards the wall. After that, I took a few days off to recover before I put ornaments on. Ashley thought that the funnest thing to do was to take off all the ornaments so pretty soon, every ornament was hanging about 4 feet up on the tree. It makes for a very interesting tree and lots of memories.

2 comments:

elshmobelsh said...

Even with all the fun "rearranging" of ornaments, it is a beautiful tree! I think these are the Christmas we will love the most when we look back.

Britta said...

Isn't it crazy what we go through for holidays and traditions? It looks beautiful.