Monday, November 19, 2007

Blinds


I've always been bothered with the curtains in Amelia's room and our kitchen and the amount of light that they lack blocking out. Amelia is always up at the crack of dawn since she has both an east and north facing window in her room. And I have always been blinded by the morning sun in the kitchen as I am getting breakfast ready and doing dishes. So, I finally decided to go to Home Depot and buy some faux wood blinds for these three windows. I was able to get one of Amelia's window's done on Saturday but then ran into problems today with her other window. I thought that the windows were close enough to the same size to get the blinds cut at the same size but I was wrong. So, I need to head back to Home Depot and get just a smidgeon more cut off so that the blinds will fit. The kitchen blinds went up fairly easily considering that I was working over the sink and on top of the counter. When we lived in Nibley, Guy hung the blinds for just about every window except the kitchen because he knew that it was going to be a huge pain to be leaning over the sink. Well, he was right but I am definitely glad that we finally have blinds in the kitchen.

No comments: