Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Silly Sisters

Amelia and Ashley are fairly close in age...just 21 months apart.  But, the way that their birthday's fall, they are just 1 year apart in school.  They started sharing a room when they were 4 and 2, and I think that has really helped them to develop their friendship.  Now, they ride the bus to and from school together everyday and Amelia helps to look out for Ashley.  Most days, it works out good.

At the end of February, the girls celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday at school by reading Dr. Seuss books, watching Dr. Seuss movies and wearing their pajamas to school. For some crazy reason, I told them that I would make them new nightgowns for the occasions. My mom had received boxes and boxes of flannel from a friend and so the girls were able to pick out their fabric from Grandma's extensive collection. I was grateful that I didn't have to buy the fabric! This time around, we went with long sleeves and these nightgowns go just about to the floor. I think they turned out great. Sure, I was up past midnight the night before doing the finishing touches (I actually had to sneak into their room after they fell asleep so that I could measure their wrists for the elastic in the sleeves.) but they were so excited to wear them the next day and that made it all worth it.

The girls have also been busy loosing teeth.  Amelia actually let me pull her tooth out.  She said that it was hurting and I told her that it would feel much better once it was out.  Just a couple of pulls and out it came.  It bled a little bit, but she was so glad to have it out that she barely noticed.

Amelia's unique and ever-changing smile.  Can you say "braces"?


Ashley's tooth had been wiggling for quite a while.  She doesn't really like me to pull her teeth out or even wiggle them so I never really knew just how wiggly it was.  During lunch at school the day her tooth fell out, she was complaining to one of the aides that it was hard to eat her sandwich because of her wiggly tooth.  So, she only ate her applesauce for lunch.

She made it through just about her entire dinner when she got the terrible look on her face.  I told her to spit out the food in her mouth and then I heard a little *clink* on her plate.  Her tooth had fallen out when she took a bite and then I think that she was chewing it with her food and it caught her off guard.  She was so happy that it was finally out.  There was a little bit of blood, but I got her to take a drink and that helped stop it.
 The tooth fairy was very clever with Ashley and gave her $1 all in nickels since she is learning to count by 5's in school.  It was so fun to see her count them all the next morning.

 I think that she looks so cute with her new smile.  She actually wanted to take her tooth to school to show all her friends.

Love these two crazy girls!

No comments: