Back at the beginning of February, I still had the organizing bug and I did another cabinet in my kitchen. This one was long overdue too.
Among the contents of this cabinet was sippy cups, Tupperware, kid cups, bottles, breast pump, baby food mill, and who knows what else that really didn't belong.Step 1: Empty out the cabinet and wipe it out.
Here is everything that came out of the cabinet. A few things went to the DI and other things were put in a more logical place.
Like the breast pump and bottles. When I am nursing, I only pump a handful of times, which means that baby generally only gets a handful of bottles. Why I've hung onto this huge collection of bottles is beyond me but I can't seem to part with them. Instead, everything is now neatly organized in a tote and put away in baby's closet.
I decided to lower the bottom shelf one notch to make more room for the Tupperware. (Most of my Tupperware was in the fridge when I took this picture. Hopefully everything will fit when it is all clean.) This gave me a little bit less room for sippy cups and kid cups, but they are all contained on one shelf and I figured that whatever didn't fit, I would just have to get rid of. The top shelf is now devoted to things that I use on a daily basis but don't want stored in the pantry. All of my lunch making supplies are right where I need them so that I can quickly put lunches together for the girls in the morning. Also up in the cabinet now are things like butter and syrup. Before, these things would just sit out on the counter and get in the way. Now they have a home and I am really liking it.

No comments:
Post a Comment