We started her birthday celebration on her actual birthday, June 23, with cake and ice cream. A few days before her birthday, we went to Fresh Market (the old Albertson's) and picked out a cake. She picked out a pink pig cake and it turned out so cute. We were heading down to the cabin for the weekend so I asked her if she wanted to open her presents now or at the cabin and she chose to wait, which really surprised me.

Friday (the 25th) we headed down to the cabin. That night, we went to the Manti pageant. Luckily my mom came with us so we could have one adult for each child. Ashley didn't like any of the parts with fire because she thought that the temple would catch on fire. Amelia was the only kid who stayed awake and watched the whole thing. Ashley fell asleep on my lap and then I transferred her to my mom's lap and I held Elliot until the end of the program. We had parked about 4 blocks away but luckily I brought the umbrella stroller for Elliot so that was one less thing that we had to carry. We got all the way to the car and Amelia announced that she had to go potty. Great timing! My mom offered to take her all the way back to the temple and then we could go pick them up after we got sleepy Ashley and Elliot loaded. So, my mom put Amelia in the umbrella stroller and booked it to the bathroom. Amelia said that it was a very bumpy ride. Guy and I picked them up at the bathroom right as they were coming out. Now it really was great timing. Once we got back to the cabin, we got all the kids in their pj's and off to bed.
Saturday was a lazy day. We had thought about going swimming but we took so long getting ready that morning, that we decided not to go. Of course we did have a wonderful breakfast of pancakes and sausage. Steve always gives me a hard time about burning the sausage (it has happened a few times), but now I know that if I buy the "brown and serve" type, I'm less likely to burn it. Tamara joined us about noon on her way home from girl's camp and Brian surprised her just a few hours later. We invited Guy's parents to dinner that night which was so yummy. We did a simple BBQ with hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, shrimp salad, fruit and homemade ice cream and cake for dessert. Yum! Then Ashley got to open her presents. She got clothes, books, a camp chair, The Fox and the Hound, a Barbie, and pj's. What a fun birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment