Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Timber!

We have lived in this house for 4 years now and for many of those years, I have wanted to eliminate the large pine and spruce trees that took up so much of the yard. A couple of years ago, I got a quote of how much it would cost to rid the yard of the trees. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I abandoned the idea. Fast forward a few years, we found out that we had a neighbor with a back hoe and a large chain saw that could do the job for a small fraction of the cost. Hot dog! I was so excited. The day finally came and it was time to see the trees go. We figured that the trees were more than 30 years old and some were planted so close to the house that it made it challenging to chop them down without them landing on the house. The pine in the back caused the most stress since in was leaning towards our bedroom. I'm kind of glad I wasn't home when that one came down. So, over the course of two days, three trees came down and the look of our yard has been forever changed. Now I just need to figure out where I want to plant trees so we can have some shade again.

No comments: