Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings...Oops

Daylight savings time usually comes at just the right time when you are really craving an extra hour of sleep. And this was just the case for our family on Saturday night. We went up north to finally have a birthday dinner for my sister and I didn't get home until after 10:00. The girls were extra tired and I was not looking forward to waking them up early before my 8:00 meeting on Sunday so we could all be ready for church at 9:00. My alarm went off at 6:30 and I started getting ready. At about 7:30, I woke Guy up so that he could be in charge of the girls since I would be leaving soon. At 7:40, I got the girls out of bed so they could be eating breakfast while Guy was in the shower. The first thing that Amelia said to me was that it wasn't morning yet because it was still dark outside. I tried to convince her that it was dark because there were a lot of clouds in the sky so the sun was having a hard time peeking through. As I sat down for breakfast with the girls, I glanced up at our atomic clock and noticed that it was 6:45. WHAT! Then it hit me...it was daylight savings. Guy was (of course) still in bed when I went in to tell him the news. He told me to put the girls back to bed but I knew that there was no way that they would fall asleep again after being so awake. He (of course) rolled over and pulled the covers back up over his head for another hour. I decided that since I now had all kinds of extra time, I would give the girls a bath. While I was doing that, the primary president called me to say that she wasn't feeling well and so she was cancelling our meeting. Now I had even more time. Guy finally got out of bed around 8:00 and started getting ready. So why is it that even though I had been up for more than 3 1/2 hours, we still ended up walking into sacrament meeting with just seconds to spare?

No comments: