
It has been almost a month since we moved Ashley into Amelia's room and into a big girl bed. I wanted there to be plenty of time for her to get used to sleeping in a bed and of course I didn't want her to feel kicked out of the crib when the new baby comes. So I figured that 3 months would be plenty of transition time for her.
To get ready for the girls to share a room, I washed all the walls and cleaned the carpets and we hung an additional closet rod so that the girl's clothes wouldn't be too smooshed. Half of the closet are shelves that I use mostly for linens so the extra closet rod was really needed. Ashley was so excited for her new bed that she started to climb up on it before we even finished putting it together. But then once we told her "good night", it was a whole new story. She climbed out of bed and then climbed in with Amelia. Amelia tried to tell her to go back to her bed and Ashley said, "No." The first few nights, it took us about 45 minutes of putting Ashley back in bed before she finally gave up and went to sleep. Now, she just babbles in bed for about the same amount of time and Amelia just sleeps right through it. Overall, I think that the transition has gone really smoothly. Hopefully once my life slows down a little bit, I will be able to wash the walls in the baby's room to get ready to paint. Then wash the carpet and maybe rearrange the furniture to give the room a new look.

And here is a baby update just in case you are curious. I am now 28 weeks along but I measure bigger than that because the baby is lying across my belly instead of up and down. I went to the hospital for my Rho-gam shot and glucose test a couple of days ago and everything is looking great there. Except for the gigantic bruise that I have on the inside of my arm from where they drew blood, but hopefully that will go away soon.

1 comment:
How exciting! Congrats on the upcoming baby!
Post a Comment