Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Festivities

I'm obviously a little bit behind on blogging since I have been trying to write a primary program and canning a bushel of pears which yielded 26 beautiful jars. And then after canning was done, I have been working on de-stickifying my kitchen. So here is what has be going on with us.

September marks a busy month for us. My birthday was on the 14th which I celebrated one day early by driving to Strawberry Reservoir with the girls for the day while Guy was out and about. My mom and Steve were camping with all of Steve's kids and my sister Tamara. The weather was perfect and Amelia had a blast playing with her cousins for the day. Amelia and Ashley also loved doing a little bit of bike riding. I had bought Amelia a new helmet just the day before and she love wearing it. And then when Amelia was done with the helmet, Ashley took a turn and just loved wearing it even though she wasn't doing anything that actually required wearing a helmet. Since my birthday fell on a Sunday, Guy waited to take me out to dinner until Monday. Personally, I didn't mind extending my birthday a little bit.


Next came Amelia's birthday on the 21st. It just so happened to be my mom's weekend for her family's cabin and so we decided to celebrate down there. We had a really yummy dinner Saturday night and then opened presents and had cake and ice cream. Since I am in no way a creative cake decorator, I let her pick out a cake from Albertson's before we went down. She had really wanted a fishy cake, but the bakery didn't offer one and so she picked a dragon cake instead. When I first saw the picture, I knew that it was going to take a ton of frosting to make that cake and I was right. As we were cutting the cake, I would put a portion on a plate that looked like it was going to be a good size piece. But then as you started to fork through it and scrape away the frosting, there really wasn't much cake left. We really got a good laugh out of it. Amelia got some great clothes and presents including an AquaDoodle, a new backpack, My Little Ponies, play food and a cash register. We continued to celebrate on Sunday (her actual birthday) by having a yummy breakfast of waffles and bacon. What a fun weekend to celebrate my baby turning 4!


The last big even for us in September is our anniversary on the 25th. This marks 6 wonderful years for us. I drove the girls up to Grandma Corinne's house on the 26th for a sleep-over and then Guy and I went out to dinner that night. He took me to Los Hermanos (super yummy) and then back home for dessert. It was so bizarre to be away from the girls for a night and not be in "mommy mode" all the time. On the other hand, it was great not to have to worry about potty breaks and diaper changes for a day. The girls were lucky enough to go to the circus that night with Grandma Corinne and Auntie Tamara. And from what I heard, the girls really wore them out that night. Ashley fell asleep at the circus since she had missed her nap that day and Amelia loved seeing the clowns. They also got to ride TRAX which is a rare treat since we don't live in the Salt Lake Valley. After I picked them up the next day and we were just a few miles from home, Amelia told me that she wanted to go back to Grandma's house and didn't want to go home. Hopefully we will be able to make it up to see Grandma again soon.

No comments: