Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

I love making gingerbread houses every year at Christmas time.  Before kids, I would try and make the most perfect house on the gingerbread block.  Now, I love watching the kids and their creativity shine and I throw "perfect" out the window.  I am also very grateful for my mom and sister that lend me some much needed extra hands to assist the kids.  Amelia enjoyed making a house with Auntie Tamara right at her side.  Elliot took breaks from playing with toys every so often to add a little touch to his house.  Ashley and I got to work together on her beautiful creation.

Tori's beautiful house.

Becky and Tam working away.  Love those gummy butterflies for the roof.

 Lori always has the most perfect house.

 Linda and Erin working away.

 Ashley loved using these cute Christmas pretzels for her roof and candy canes around every window.  She was very meticulous and knew exactly what she wanted every step of the way. 

Elliot making a snow storm.  I gave up on trying to keep him from eating the candy on his house.  The tree is now only half a tree and it is missing all of its frosting and candy canes.  His roof broke off so he has taken it upon himself to take big bites out of it.  I could always tell after he had been snacking on his house since his face would be covered in powdered sugar.

Amelia's house.  She did a great job and stuck with it to the end.

Ashley's house.  She did most of it herself and picked out the most perfect circle for her pond.

The whole group of kids.  Oh my, 4 out of the 9 are mine!

The fun really started on our drive home.  We drove the truck up to Salt Lake to deliver a TV to Tamara and Brian but apparently didn't think about the return trip.  The girls were really good about holding their gingerbread houses very carefully in the back seat and I held onto one in the front.  Elliot's house (being held by Ashley) slid off it's foundation just before we got home.  So, I was reaching into the backseat to help Ashley and still holding onto her gingerbread house in the front.  We were all glad to get home and get the houses to their new home.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a great family night for you family. All the houses look so yummy!!