Micah turned 10 months old on the 1st and I actually remembered to take a picture. Elliot was such a good helper to get Micah to smile.
Along with turning 10 months old, I decided that it was time to get him to sleep through the night more consistently. Lately, he has been waking up 1 or 2 times a night. And since I am usually exhausted, I quickly nurse him back to sleep so that I can get back to bed. With weaning on the horizon in two months, I figured that now would be a good time to get Micah to sleep through the night. Just like clockwork, Micah woke up just after midnight on the first. I went into his room, gave him a cuddly stuffed dog to keep him company, pulled the blankets over him, then went back to my room and turned off the monitor. I'm not sure how long he cried for since I fell asleep fairly quickly, but he slept just fine the rest of the night.
The next night, I tried to nurse him (as usual) just before going to bed, but he wouldn't have it. He ate for less than 5 minutes and then was ready to go to bed. So, I put him to bed and he slept all night long. I finally had to wake him up the next morning because I needed him to eat. The following night was to same story. I tried to nurse him before tucking him in for the night and he gave me the cold shoulder. So, I wrapped him up and put him to bed. He slept for about 11 hours last night. And once again, I was desperate for him to wake up and eat. I hope he continues to sleep well at night since it certainly makes my nights better.

No comments:
Post a Comment