Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving fun

For Thanksgiving this year, we almost hosted it at our house. But, my MIL decided that she wanted to host it at their house one last time, even though it is very stressful for her to do. So, down to Sterling we went. We had wanted to get there by noon, and ended up arriving just as the turkey was being carved and dinner was about to be served (1:00). We brought a veggie tray, cheese ball and crackers, and jalapeno jelly with crackers. Yum. I also experimented with two new pies this year. I wasn't able to go to "pie night" the day before Thanksgiving because Ashley had an eye infection and I wanted to keep her away from other people as much as I could. So, I made a Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake and a Raspberry topped cheesecake-like pie. Both were delicious! After dinner was over, the kids pretty much just snacked on crackers and then they all had chocolate cream pie that was so yummy. I got to sit at the kid's table with my kids for dinner and I loved it. Elliot was being a pill and kept kicking the table so I finally just scooted him away from the table and put his tray on. He really didn't seem to mind. Elliot skipped his nap for the day so he was so grateful when it was time to go and he could crash in his car seat for the entire ride home. The girls were lucky enough to watch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" the whole way home and I was grateful when it was finally time to return that movie to the video store.

Elliot throughly enjoyed his pie and just about everything else he tried.

Ashley was a trooper. She had to have eye drops 4 times a day for a week. She had her last installment last night and was so happy to be done with them.

Amelia ate a lot of crackers on Thanksgiving. But the deal was that she had to eat something from the veggie tray for every cracker she had so it all worked out.

No comments: