Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Night at the Cabin

For Grandpa Steve's birthday (earlier this month), we took a little trip to the cabin. My mom and Steve stopped by our house on their way down and picked up the girls. I followed a couple of hours later with Elliot and then Guy came down many hours after that. After a yummy enchilada dinner, we had movie night. My mom rented a projector and we hung up a sheet and watched "The Rescuers". After watching the movie, Amelia said that she wanted to be adopted. Apparently, just like Penny. Elliot enjoyed eating popcorn and then sleeping through some of the movie.


Saturday morning began with yummy pancakes, cinnamon syrup and sausage. We took a little drive down to Ephraim that took almost two hours round trip. Luckily, Ashley slept for just about the entire excursion which made for a much happier Ashley later that night. Of course, we had to bundle up and play in the snow. Ashley was worried that she would get stuck in the deep snow, so I had to make a path for her by stomping down all the snow. Too bad the snow was too crusty to make a snowman.


That night, we went out to dinner for Steve's birthday at Cavalier's Pizza in Mt. Pleasant. We ordered way too much food but it was so delicious. Then it was back to the cabin for pie, ice cream and presents. Now that we were all sufficiently stuffed, it was time for me to pack our bags and head back home. I really hate driving at night in Sanpete because I am terrified that I am going to hit a deer. Luckily, I only saw one deer and one jack rabbit on the way home. By the time I got home, all three kids were sleeping in the back and I was ready to hit the hay too. I must have been pretty tired though because I completely slept through my alarm and woke up at 8:00...right when my presidency was getting to my house for our Sunday meeting. Oops.

No comments: