Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Flowserve Christmas

Every year, we gather at Flowserve for the annual visit with Santa, lunch and crafts. Amelia and Ashley look forward to this every year. They also do a coloring contest for the kids. Amelia worked really hard on her coloring and was so happy to have Daddy take it to work so it could hang up with all the other art work. What I didn't realize, until I saw the pictures from all the other kids, was that to receive a winning ribbon you have got to use some bling and make your pictures 3-D. I was shocked at the use of glitter and other accessories that some kids used for this "coloring" contest. But Amelia was still happy because she got a ribbon that said "Amazing Job" on it. I'm glad that she doesn't know the difference between that ribbon and one that says "First Place". But now I know for next year that we have got to make our pictures POP!


We also tortured Elliot with his first experience sitting on Santa's lap. It is so sad that parents (me included) place their child on a stranger's lap and then stand back and giggle while taking pictures and not doing a single thing to rescue their frightened child. It is just too darn cute to pass up. Amelia took it upon herself to tell Santa what everyone wanted for Christmas. But since Ashley can be a little shy, maybe this was the best way to do it.


The girls also got to do a little craft. They chose to do a little foam Christmas tree that they decorated with all sorts of ornaments. It was so cute to watch them work and place each ornament in just the right place.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Such a cute family!!