
For Easter this year, we had planned to go down to my mom's family's cabin on Saturday for an Easter egg hunt. But about an hour before we were going to be leaving, my mom called to say that it was snowing down there and so she was thinking about moving the Easter egg hunt somewhere else. At first, we were going to have it at my Uncle Keven and Aunt VaLene's house in West Valley, but then I had a moment of craziness come over me and I suggested that we should just do it at my house. I figured that if people were already planning on going to Fairview, their drive would be shorter if they just came to my house. So, Tamara hurried down to help me do a mad dash cleaning around the house since we would be having lunch and dying Easter eggs too.

All in all, we had about 34 people in our house and no major egg dye spills. Ashley wasn't too sure about what to do while we were dying the eggs. I think that she had the same egg in the dye the whole time. Amelia did a few eggs but then got bored with it. I had bought little "egg grabbers" for Amelia and Ashley that were kind of like tongs. Amelia had been carrying hers around all morning but then when it came time to dye eggs, she couldn't find them. We spent at least a half an hour looking around for them but then we gave up and told her that they would probably show up once everyone left. Well, I still haven't found them. Hopefully the mystery will be solved one day.

The hunt went really well. We let the little kids go first so that they could get a few eggs before they were all gobbled up by the older kids. Ashley wasn't really too into it so she only got a few things but I think that she had fun anyway.

After everyone left, my mom stuck around and helped me make a nursing apron as payment for letting a big group into our house on such short notice. I have had the pattern and fabric to make one for a long time but it has been hard to find the time to do it. It turned out really great and now I want to make more. Tamara laughs at it and says that it looks like an adult bib but I really don't care since it hides everything and Elliot doesn't have to be under a hot blanket.


Easter Sunday was a busy day too. Luckily my usual Sunday primary presidency meeting was cancelled because the primary president had her baby a few days before. I had invited my family down for Easter dinner so I had to get a few things ready before church so that we could eat soon afterwards. Guy wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home from church and I took the kids all dressed up in the Easter best by myself. I also had sharing time that day so things were a little crazy. Dinner with my family went great. We had lots of yummy food but I forgot to cook the asparagus...oops.


1 comment:
How fun, and busy to have your family come! You are brave to take all three to church, good work!!
Your kids look adorable in their Sunday/Easter best :)
Post a Comment